EXTRA 20% OFF ALL CLEARANCE. NO CODE NEEDED.
Design: The Impossible Collection
- Assouline Design: The Impossible Collection
- Chosen by design expert Frédéric Chambre, this selection of furniture designs unspools like the frames of a film, an epic picture composed of one hundred years of creative innovations in form, materials, and techniques. As in art history, themes can be traced across changing trends: design versus the machine, design versus craft, design versus art—a story that continues to unfold.
- This hand-bound oversize luxury edition traces the development of twentieth-century design from the Art Nouveau and Arts and Crafts movements through Bauhaus and Art Deco, Pop Art and the Memphis school, to today’s digital age, illustrating the dynamic story of a groundbreaking century through the evolution of everyday human objects.
- 144 pages
- 100 illustrations
- English language
- Released in October 2014
- W 15.55 x L 18.62 x D 2.75 in
- Hand-Bound Limited Edition in a Clamshell Case
- ISBN: 9781614282907
- 18.0 lb
The non-uniform effect in the middle of the book can be attributed to the handcrafted nature of our Impossible Collection series